Grasen 3.3kW/6.6kW isolated single module on board charger is mainly used for hybrid vehicles, pure electric vehicles, electric buses, electric logistics vehicles and other new energy vehicles, and is suitable for charging lithium iron phosphate, lithium manganese acid, lead acid and other vehicle power batteries. It can work within the rated grid voltage range of 100~264VAC, and the DC voltage output is specially designed for the different battery packs of customers, so that the charger always works in the optimal conversion efficiency working range, which greatly improves the product performance and high reliability.
The module is equipped with an advanced interleaved APFC active power factor correction circuit, which makes the utilization rate of electrical energy close to 1 during charging and reduces the harmonic pollution to the common grid. The module has perfect protection functions, including input over-voltage and under-voltage protection, output over-current protection, output over-voltage and under-voltage protection, output short-circuit protection, over-temperature protection, high-temperature derating, low-voltage input derating and other intelligent designs. The charger has a CAN communication interface and can communicate with the BMS and set the charging voltage and current and the switching function by the BMS.
What is EV on-board charger?
An on-board charger is a charger that is fixed to an electric vehicle and has the ability to safely and automatically charge the electric vehicle's power battery. The charger can dynamically adjust the charging current or voltage parameters based on the data provided by the battery management system (BMS) and perform the corresponding actions to complete the charging process.
Functions of EV on-board charger
(1) It has the function of communicating with the BMS through the high-speed CAN network to determine whether the battery connection status is correct; to obtain the battery system parameters, and real-time data of the whole group and individual batteries before and during charging.
(2) Communication with the vehicle monitoring system through the high-speed CAN network, uploading the working status of the charger, working parameters and fault alarm information, and receiving control commands to start charging or stop charging.
(3) Complete safety protection measures.
- AC input over-voltage protection function.
- AC input undervoltage warning function.
- AC input overcurrent protection function.
- DC output overcurrent protection function.
- DC output short-circuit protection function.
- Output soft start function to prevent current surges.
- During charging, the charger ensures that the temperature, charging voltage and current of the power battery do not exceed the permissible values; and has a single battery voltage limit function, which automatically adjusts the charging current dynamically according to the battery information from the BMS.
- Automatically determine whether the charging connector and charging cable are correctly connected. When the charger is correctly connected to the charging pile and the battery, the charger is allowed to start the charging process; when the charger detects that it is not properly connected to the charging pile or the battery, it immediately stops charging.
- Charging interlock function to ensure that the vehicle cannot be started until the charger and power battery connections are separated.
- High voltage interlock function, when there is a high voltage that endangers personal safety, the module locks without output.
- Flame retardant function.
Applications of EV on-board charger
Grasen EV on-board charger is mainly used for hybrid vehicles, pure electric vehicles, electric buses, electric logistics vehicles and other new energy vehicles, and is suitable for charging lithium iron phosphate, lithium manganese acid, lead acid and other vehicle power batteries.
-- Marcus Groll，A Charging Station Owner in UKRAINE
Start your EV charging station businesses with Grasen. For a no-obligation quote, hit the button below, fill in your details, and we’ll get back to you.